On 04/29/2017 10:28 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> I found on several systems that using "--backtrack=100" actually resolved the
> latest blockers with perl.

I find doing `emerge --oneshot --nodeps perl` then `perl-cleaner --all`
was faster. Portage would chug for over five minutes on some of my
machines trying to resolve the dependencies. By the time it figured out
what it wanted to do, the manual way I used was almost finished.

(Do note the CPU is slow on the machines I use but compiling is done
with distcc so that was done relatively quickly.)

Dan