Am Sun, 30 Apr 2017 12:36:03 -0700
schrieb Jorge Almeida <jjalme...@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Nikos Chantziaras
> <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 04/30/2017 08:33 PM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> >>
> >> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Kai Krakow <hurikha...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
>  [...]
>

> > You can enable cgroups in the kernel and then simply not use them.
> > This will shut it up. It's what I do :-P
> >
> The warnings don't bother me that much, I just feel they are Bad
> Policy. Enabling cgroups would add unnecessary complexity to the
> kernel configuration, if only a bit.

On the other hand, if such warning weren't there, it would make
installing full-featured systems more difficult. And any experienced
Gentoo user can decide on her/his own how to react to such warnings.

I like to have such warnings in. It gives me hints what I like to have
and what not and gives me the opportunity to improve my knowledge by
researching on that warning.

An improvement could maybe be made: Such warnings could tell links into
the Gentoo wiki for further information on that topic.

--
Regards,
Kai

Replies to list-only preferred.