Below are approaches that I would suggest if you want to go for the local
solution:

1. Use brewlinux to install mumps. I assume brew will pull all required
dependencies. This approach works well for me in different servers.

2. Compile mumps and it dependencies locally. You need to play around with
cmake or ccmake path setup so that mumps can use locally installed
libraries. This solution allow you to try new compilers and libraries,
however, you will have to maintain your build scripts. I have not tried
mumps before so I cannot give you detail information.

HTH
Hung