Hello,

Firstly, you should file a bug, but that might not get it working as
quickly as you'd like.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> cmake is still a mystery to me.
>
> I like to add a  (non-Gentoo) package to my local overlay.
> This package is configured and built by 'cmake'

Which package?

> It needs and finds a package 'mumps' (from the Science Overlay)
> but linkage fails since the 'mumps' library needs another library
> (scalapack)
>
> So, how can I "tell" 'cmake' to link to libscalapack (there is a
> /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/refscalapack.pc file on my machine)
>
> But 'sci-libs/mumps' doesn't install a pkg-config file.
>
> I have done 'grep' through all CMakeLists.txt files,
> but I have no idea where the 'mumps' library is included.

The files are named like "FindXXXXX" and look like this:
https://github.com/OpenCMISS/cm/blob/master/cmake_modules/FindMUMPS.cmake.
If you edit them system-wide, you can likely get everything to build
via Portage.

You can also look for a "taget_link_library" directive in the
project's CMakeLists.txt and hardcode a path.

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/command/target_link_libraries.html

> I'd be grateful to any hints and links (for 'cmake' dummies)

Pretending you want to configure and build your project with CMake is
probably the best option, though I have given you all that you should
need to fix the problem.

https://cmake.org/cmake-tutorial/

I would seriously consider Mr. Dang's solution. It is something I have
had to do quite a bit, especially as CMake is extremely opaque at the
system level. Brewlinux is new to me, I just do everything by hand.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1