On Sun, Feb 18 2018, Mick wrote:

> On Sunday, 18 February 2018 01:09:36 GMT allan gottlieb wrote:
>
>> What I do in the meantime is
>>
>>    emerge --update --pretend @world
>>
>> and then manually
>>
>>    emerge -1 all packages mentioned except webkit-gtk
>>
>> I do a similar procedure for
>>
>>    emerge @preserved rebuild
>>
>> allan
>
> It is probably easier to just run:
>
> emerge --update --pretend --exclude webkit-gtk @world

That was mentioned last week.  I responded

    I tried that a while ago.  The problem is that then portage believe
    those packages aren't on my stable system and says that I must merge
    an unstable package.

    Specifically excluding the buggy (old) version of webkit-gtk,
    portage wants me to merge a newish (testing) version of gnucash that
    uses a solid new version of webkit-gtk.  I have the new version of
    webkit-gtk, but really want to delay installing the testing gnucash.

allan