On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 22:52:51 BST Marc Joliet wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 3. April 2018, 14:42:31 CEST schrieb Mick:
> > or select to view HTML content on a per
> > message basis
>
> FWIW, for just this particular task you can add the "Toggle HTML Display
> Mode" toolbar button (in German it's "HTML Anzeigemodus Umschalten").  I
> also found a similar feature at
> https://userbase.kde.org/Kmail/Using_Kmail_General (search for "HTML").

Yes, this will deal with toggling the display of the HTML part of a message,
but it will not offer many other options available through the 'Message
Structure' pane, like 'Save As', 'Open With', 'Copy', etc.

I used HTML as an example of a message component.  Personally, I use the 'Show
Message Structure' to inspect/troubleshoot the envelop structure of multipart
messages, save parts separately, etc.  I also use 'View Source' to check
message headers.  So, when these two functions suddenly disappeared I started
looking for them.  I wasn't aware that they had gone due to conscious
decisions taken by the devs.

--
Regards,
Mick