On 30/4/19 6:51 pm, Mick wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 04:07:23 BST Jack wrote:
>> On 2019.04.29 21:19, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
>>> How does one execute a file on an exfat formatted usb key?
>>>
>>> I have an encryption app that must be executed from the drive to work
>>> (secure-stick).  Works great in windows, linux is a real pain because
>>> think udisks is forcing execute off and I cant overide it.
>>>

>>> help!
>>>
>>> BillK
>> At least show us the output of "ls -l" on the file in question.  Does
>> "chown +x file" have any effect?  Why do you think you can't execute
>> such a file?  What happens when you try?  How have you tried?
>>
>> Jack
> I just mounted a USB stick which has been formatted with exFAT and the files
> and directories are executable:
>
> # ls -la /run/media/michael/VERBATIM32G/
> total 10672960
> drwxrwxrwx  1 michael michael      32768 Jan  1  1970  .
> drwxr-x---+ 3 root    root            60 Apr 30 11:40  ..
>
> I tested running a bash script by passing the full path to the terminal and
> it
> works as expected.

I will grab the info tomorrow.  I was hoping there is a guide somewhere
as it happens on multiple systems and from what I have read its by
design.  There is so much old info on the net on how to fix the problem
with it appearing to be implemented differently on each major distro,
and none of the work arounds/fixes work on gentoo.

BillK