On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 09:19:55AM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote
> How does one execute a file on an exfat formatted usb key?
>
> I have an encryption app that must be executed from the drive to work
> (secure-stick).  Works great in windows, linux is a real pain because I
> think udisks is forcing execute off and I cant overide it.

  This is a security measure.  If I try to execute a bash script on
/dev/shm I get a "Permission denied" error.  This can be overriden by
manually remounting.  According to "man mount"...

> mount(8)  since v2.27 allows to change the mount options by passing
> the relevant options along with --bind.  For example:
>
>        mount -o bind,ro foo foo
>
> This feature is not supported by the Linux kernel; it is implemented
> in userspace by an additional mount(2) remounting system call.  This
> solution is not atomic.

  Can you manually remount it after it has been mounted by udisks?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>