On Sunday, 23 June 2019 12:00:08 BST Dale wrote:
> I've read where people try that but they say in most cases, the sound is
> out of sync.  Usually the sound is a little ahead of the video.

This is mostly affecting poorly transcoded videos, with incorrect timestamps.
There's a 'lip-sync' setting in many AVRs and Smart TVs to address this
problem, but yes, if the video itself is missing the required metadata to sync
audio and video you could have problems.

TBH I have rarely encountered this myself with my local set up.

--
Regards,
Mick