On 11/13/19 09:55, Mick wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 06:48:11 GMT n952162 wrote:
I've reinstalled gentoo from the gentoo repository and now my power
button doesn't do a shutdown anymore.  What do I have to do to have it
issue a shutdown?  This is an openrc system.

I have this, but it doesn't work:

$ cat  /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn
event=button[ /]power.*
action=/sbin/poweroff

Okay, I'm a bit further.

I have that file as well, but it doesn't do anything because another
script in that same directory, "default", has this:

event=.*
action=/etc/acpi/default.sh %e

//etc/acpi/default.sh /invokes /actions/powerbtn.sh/ which checks if the
init program (process 1) is running with the name "openrc-init".
Otherwise, it's not interested.

Unfortunately, I have:

$ ps -p 1 -o comm=
init

Question: when does the init program run under the name openrc-init?