On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 06:46:43PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2020-04-24, lego12...@yandex.ru <lego12...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> > I don't have such experience. I use gentoo/funtoo for a less period, but
> > on more machines(servers and desktops). And i catched one or two
> > (don't remember exactly) situations where emerge was broken.
>
> But was it broken _because_it_wasn't_written_in_C_?

This is the incorrect question. But if it had less strange run-time
dependencies, this might not happend.

> I've written a _lot_ of C, and a _lot_ of Python over the years.  If
> it were written in C, it would be broken worse and more often.

Oh... Grant, i've written a _lot_ of C, a _lot_ of bash, a _lot_ of perl,
a _lot_ of pascal, a _lot_ of js, _enough_ of asm and etc over the years.
If any of that code was written in not the language it was written, it
would be broken worse and more often.

And this tells nothing about why one or another language could be
chosen for a given project.

--
Олег Неманов (Oleg Nemanov)