It might be that your Qt5 is perhaps partially updated or out of date even,
but not sure. I do know that it can be a pain to compile due to Qt5 changing.
If it's too much of a hassle to get it to work, Catia could be replaced by
QJackCtl, however then you will need to have the tweaks Cadence does for you
manually applied. Which, according to my system, is:

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "jack" }
}

pcm.jack {
    type jack
    playback_ports {
        0 system:playback_1
        1 system:playback_2
    }
    capture_ports {
        0 system:capture_1
        1 system:capture_2
    }
}

ctl.mixer0 {
    type hw
    card 0
}
( In case you want to entirely not bother with pulseaudio )

Or, like me where I have it set to pulseaudio mode which creates:
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "pulse" }
}

pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.mixer0 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

This would go into a file .asoundrc in your $HOME and force ALSA native
programs to actually hook up as Jack clients, so you can manage your audio.
Note that you would still need to go into QJackCtls settings to setup the
correct main audio device