Hi Daniel,

sorry for not understanding the whole setup ...

Please see my inserted questions below:

On 06/03 04:44, Daniel Sonck wrote:
> It might be that your Qt5 is perhaps partially updated or out of date even,
> but not sure. I do know that it can be a pain to compile due to Qt5 changing.
> If it's too much of a hassle to get it to work, Catia could be replaced by
> QJackCtl, however then you will need to have the tweaks Cadence does for you
> manually applied. Which, according to my system, is:
>
> pcm.!default {
>     type plug
>     slave { pcm "jack" }
> }
>
> pcm.jack {
>     type jack
>     playback_ports {
>         0 system:playback_1
>         1 system:playback_2
>     }
>     capture_ports {
>         0 system:capture_1
>         1 system:capture_2
>     }
> }
>
> ctl.mixer0 {
>     type hw
>     card 0
>
> ( In case you want to entirely not bother with pulseaudio )

The above setup is for alsa/jack/obs...right.
Since jackd does not start (it crashes) and I am currently not in
the mood to fix an error which helps to fix a problem which should
fix a problem for an application which in first place was there to
help me to fix an issue to record from Firefox...I will try
pulseaudio -- despite the fact, that I really don't like it.

> Or, like me where I have it set to pulseaudio mode which creates:

Ok...the following is for alsa/pulseaudio/obs

> pcm.!default {
>     type plug
>     slave { pcm "pulse" }
> }
>
> pcm.pulse {
>     type pulse
> }
>
> ctl.mixer0 {
>     type hw
>     card 0
> }
>
> This would go into a file .asoundrc in your $HOME and force ALSA native
> programs to actually hook up as Jack clients,

...sorry...why jack? Do I need jack for pulseaudio?

> so you can manage your audio.
> Note that you would still need to go into QJackCtls settings to setup the
> correct main audio device

Pulseaudio->pavucontrol....right?

I am......irritated......at least....;)

HEEEELLLLLLPPPP! :)