Michael wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 08:22:46 GMT Dale wrote:
>
> Does it have a preferences section somewhere?  There's a couple things
> I'd like to change however, it works like you said tho which is a great
> start.  I'd like the bottom part to stay all the time and the little
> graph thing when I fast forward that shows up, it needs to be gone.  If
> the bottom is always there, I know where I am without that.  Usually, a
> right click gets a menu but on this one, it pauses.  I can't find a menu
> or preferences anywhere.
>
> Thanks.  Headed in a good direction.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)
> Have a look at the mpv man page and the section FILES.  You can set your own
> key bindings in your user directory.  For default key bindings:
>
> less /usr/share/doc/mpv-*/input.conf.bz2

Found and adjusted some things.  A couple things I still can't find
tho.  When I skip forward or backward, it shows a bar graph thing like
it does at the bottom that shows the time in the video.  If I move
forward for example, it shows and fills in more of the little bar graph
thing.  It's about 1/3rd of the way up the video.  I don't need that
part.  Maybe the name of that setting is what I'm missing??

Also, I'd like the part at the bottom to show all the time.  As it is
now, it only shows if I put the mouse in the video area and move it.
Once I stop moving the mouse, it disappears. Maybe this is not doable?
I found this but not quite sure if this is the right thing for either of
those or I'm setting it wrong.

# O no-osd cycle-values osd-level 3 1    # cycle through OSD mode
#o show-progress
#P show-progress

In a way, I wish it had the normal File, Edit etc menu like most other
apps but then again, it does look nice.  Still, a preferences menu in
the GUI would be nifty.  I might add tho, smplayer seems to have done
away with the menu bar at the top too.  It still has the menu bar and
preferences in a GUI tho, right click brings it up.

I also found QMplay2 as well.  It doesn't seem to have a way to change
some settings at all.  I found the settings/config/preferences section
but nothing about mouse and such.  So far, it isn't to high on my list.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)