Michael wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 12:50:50 GMT Dale wrote:
>> Michael wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 08:22:46 GMT Dale wrote:
>>>
>>> Does it have a preferences section somewhere?  There's a couple things
>>> I'd like to change however, it works like you said tho which is a great
>>> start.  I'd like the bottom part to stay all the time and the little
>>> graph thing when I fast forward that shows up, it needs to be gone.  If
>>> the bottom is always there, I know where I am without that.  Usually, a
>>> right click gets a menu but on this one, it pauses.  I can't find a menu
>>> or preferences anywhere.
>>>
>>> Thanks.  Headed in a good direction.
>>>
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> :-)  :-)
>>>
>>> Have a look at the mpv man page and the section FILES.  You can set your
>>> own key bindings in your user directory.  For default key bindings:
>>>
>>> less /usr/share/doc/mpv-*/input.conf.bz2
>> Found and adjusted some things.  A couple things I still can't find
>> tho.  When I skip forward or backward, it shows a bar graph thing like
>> it does at the bottom that shows the time in the video.  If I move
>> forward for example, it shows and fills in more of the little bar graph
>> thing.  It's about 1/3rd of the way up the video.  I don't need that
>> part.  Maybe the name of that setting is what I'm missing??
>>
>> Also, I'd like the part at the bottom to show all the time.  As it is
>> now, it only shows if I put the mouse in the video area and move it.
>> Once I stop moving the mouse, it disappears. Maybe this is not doable?
>> I found this but not quite sure if this is the right thing for either of
>> those or I'm setting it wrong.
>>

>> # O no-osd cycle-values osd-level 3 1    # cycle through OSD mode
>> #o show-progress
>> #P show-progress
>>

>> In a way, I wish it had the normal File, Edit etc menu like most other
>> apps but then again, it does look nice.  Still, a preferences menu in
>> the GUI would be nifty.  I might add tho, smplayer seems to have done
>> away with the menu bar at the top too.  It still has the menu bar and
>> preferences in a GUI tho, right click brings it up.
>>
>> I also found QMplay2 as well.  It doesn't seem to have a way to change
>> some settings at all.  I found the settings/config/preferences section
>> but nothing about mouse and such.  So far, it isn't to high on my list.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
> There's a number of GUI front-ends for mpv, but I haven't looked at any of
> them.  Some may be in portage:
>
> https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv

I'm using the mpv GUI now.  That's what I'm trying to change.  Some
things I was able to change with the config file you pointed too.  The
ones I mentioned above, I can't figure out how to change those.

I found one in the list I haven't checked into.  Some aren't in the tree
tho.  I'm going to try out those as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)