On 12/08/2020 08:50 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
[snip]
> Creating ACL based on those internet sources eg.
>  https://www.countryipblocks.net/acl.php
> is not reliable.  I pulled a list of Russian and Ukrainian IPs from the
> above link and checking some of them, I found these two (and possibly
> more) are French IPs:
>
> deny from 212.114.16.0/24
> deny from 212.114.17.0/24
>
> If "geoip" database is based on similar sources the hole project is not
> a reliable control method.

I'll write a script to check, all the IP's from at text file with
"whois" and write the output out to another file, just to be sure.  I
don't know how long will it take, the file contains 26611-entries (IP
addresses).

You might be correct, Grant.  Putting the IP's in apache .config file
could be more efficient, instead of .htaccess file.