On 12/8/20 9:59 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
I'll write a script to check, all the IP's from at text file with "whois" and write the output out to another file, just to be sure. I don't know how long will it take, the file contains 26611-entries (IP addresses).

ProTip: Don't parse the output from WhoIs directly. Instead save it to a file. Come up with some file naming scheme that encodes the IPs and date. That way you can easily reference them in the future. Or decide that what you have cached is too old and that you need to update it.

I say this because a number of WhoIs servers get fairly upset if they think they are being scripted against.

So ... space out the queries and save the output for future re-use.

You might be correct, Grant. Putting the IP's in apache .config file could be more efficient, instead of .htaccess file.

;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die