On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 23:41:50 -0500, Dale wrote:

> I've done some research.  It seems Dovecot is what I need.  It uses mbox
> and has some features I might need one day already where Courier doesn't
> but there isn't much difference really.  If anyone is curious, the
> comparison is here.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_mail_servers
>
> The biggest thing, mbox.  If I recall correctly that is what Seamonkey
> uses and I should be able to import those easy enough.

You are better off with maildir, mbox is far more susceptible to date
loss through file damage. There is a script to convert an mbox file to
maildir, but you should also be able to just set up a new account in
Seamonkey using the local server and copy all your mails across. The
server will then take care of everything.

--
Neil Bothwick

If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four
tellers?