On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 21:31:35 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:

> > On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 10:33:58 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:
> > I picked up this tip some years ago to avoid depcleaning kernel
> > sources.
> >
> > % cat /etc/portage/sets.conf
> > [kernels]
> > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
> > world-candidate = False
> > files = /usr/src
> >
> > and emerge -n @kernels
>
> Interesting way to do it. I want them depcleaned though, as soon as I
> confirm that the new kernel works as expected. I use a custom
> patch-set, so I never have any updates unless I add them myself, so
> I'm not sure if using a set would give me anything.

Fair enough. I use standard gentoo-sources but always like to keep at
least one previous version available "just in case". I unmerge old
versions manually, I have to delete kernel sources manually anyway as
emerge only removes the files it installed, leaving all the files created
when compiling the kernel.

--
Neil Bothwick

Power corrupts - absolute power is even more fun.