On 09/01/2022 13:39, Dale wrote:
As a starting point, check the ebuild and see what all packages are
listed there that it depends on.  Put the needed entries in package.mask
and then use your world upgrade command plus -p to see what emerge wants
to upgrade.  Keep adding until it is reporting nothing to upgrade.  The
packages in the ebuild should help save some time.  I can't think of a
easier way to do it.  Someone else may have ideas tho.  Oh, don't forget
the ">=" signs and to specify versions.  Can't recall if it matters
which symbol comes first.

Or do you want to use package.accept_keywords

I had a package that was in testing, so I've ended up creating a file in there called - I think the package was avidemux so that's what it's called ...

But in there it has the line(s)

=package.version ~amd64

I've deliberately used the "=" so for it, and every package it depends on, that version will be accepted. Aiui, if the stable version goes above that it will then upgrade to the stable version, so that my system will be pretty much just stable packages.

I also made the mistake of doing

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge blah blah ...

which upgraded glibc! So now I need to configure this to keep the current version of glibc and wait till the stable version goes past.

Cheers,
Wol