On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 14:46:17 +0000, Wol wrote:

> But in there it has the line(s)
>
> =package.version ~amd64
>
> I've deliberately used the "=" so for it, and every package it depends
> on, that version will be accepted. Aiui, if the stable version goes
> above that it will then upgrade to the stable version, so that my
> system will be pretty much just stable packages.

I'd use ~ instead of = so it will accept -r1, -r2, etc. variants of that
version, to pick up any bug fixes. Once one of those variants, or a
higher version, becomes stable you'll be back on stable and
eix-test-obsolete will let you know you can remove the entry.

--
Neil Bothwick

Quality control, n.:
  Assuring that the quality of a product does not get out of hand
   and add to the cost of its manufacture or design.