On Friday, 17 June 2022 07:35:54 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday, 17 June 2022 02:28:26 BST Julien Roy wrote:
> > It's really weird that a Firefox add-on would cause system-wide sound to
> > stop working!
>
> Well, it may not be system-wide, but yes - you see why I took so long to
> find it!

It is even more weird this add-on provides just a search engine!  It's not as
if the add-on is related to a media player, or something you could expect it
might need to touch audio.

I tried it on a plasma desktop and I can replicate the problem.  However, I
noticed if I go into Configure Audio Devices and select 'Analogue Stereo' and
then 'Analogue Stereo Duplex' back & forth, the audio starts playing again.
This is with a hard wired audio, no bluetooth.

Any idea what the difference is between the various StartPage add-ons?  Is
StartPage to be trusted, anymore than all the rest mass surveillance
corporates?