On Saturday, 18 June 2022 13:30:16 BST Julien Roy wrote:

> By default, only the LTS/ESR release of Firefox is unmasked (or marked
> as stable), of which the latest version is 91.10.0, however, if you
> unmask it, you can use the latest Firefox version, currently 101.0.1.
> Though unmasking Firefox leads to more frequent rebuilds since the rapid
> release has, well, frequent releases.

Yes, and that's a good reason for not doing so. I have another machine running
~amd64; this one's stable for everyday use. Well, it's supposed to be stable.
:)

I did keyword firefox to test SP against the sound system, but I've reverted to
the older version.

> As a side note, by default, searching using `emerge --search` does not
> show the available masked versions (not sure if an option exists to
> change that). One option that I recommend is to install app-portage/eix,

Yes, I've been using it for many years.

--
Regards,
Peter.