the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> On 7/7/22 20:23, Dale wrote:
>> the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>>> After update to new chrome browser "google-chrome-103.0.5060"
>>> A popup shows up:
>>>
>>> "choose password for new keyring"
>>>
>>> No explanation what is it, how to change it etc.  Is it needed?
>>>
>>> Was it discuss before?
>>>

>> I don't use Chrome but google found this.
>>
>> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=312289
>>
>> This may help too.
>>
>> https://superuser.com/questions/890150/completely-stop-gnome-keyring-popups
>>

>> Does one of those help?  They seem to address the problem in slightly
>> different ways.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)
>
> Thanks,  there is a lot of information how to by-pass it but very
> little explanation which application request it or why is it there.

One thing I read makes it sound like it is for a built in password
remembering tool. I know Firefox and Seamonkey has the same but I
disable those since I use BitWarden anyway.  One would think there would
be a setting in preferences to just disable all that.  I suspect few use
them given the popularity of LastPass, BitWarden and other tools that
are much more secure and portable.  Maybe looking for a password tool
setting would help.  I tried Chrome ages ago, didn't like it at all.
That was several years ago so I'm clueless on it now.  Just thought
those suggestions might help.

Dale

:-)  :-)