One of the reasons for which I switched to Gentoo two years ago was the fact from all the distributions out there, Gentoo was one of the fastest to provide a KDE build for the stable version, as soon as KDE team did a new new release.

I am "emerge sync"-ing almost daily and still there is no KDE 3.4.2 or KDE 3.4.3 available:

[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kde-3.4.1

Am I missing something? I know I can use the "testing" version (~x86) but is there a serious reason for why there has been no new release of KDE for the stable Gentoo in the last months? I've read the Changelogs of kdebase and kdelibs from Gentoo Online Package Database and I found no clue.

As an ultimate solution, how "stable" is the testing build of KFDE 3.4.3-r1?

Thanks