On 12/18/22 23:08, Dale wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 12:20 PM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> root@truenas[~]# iperf -s
> Server listening on TCP port 5001
> TCP window size: 64.0 KByte (default)
>

> And nothing.  Several minutes later, still nothing.  And it continues to sit there.  I don't think it is working.  :/
>
> Still, odds are, whatever it is, I'm not likely going to be able to change it.  That poor old CPU just may not have the needed instruction set to be really fast for this.  Maybe a different encryption would be better.  I dunno.  It's temporary anyway.
>
> And still nothing.  It's been sitting there since I read the last message.  Still, nothing.

Sadly, you didn't read all of my instructions or apparently read the man page or help file

All you've done is start the server which listens for a connection.

Now go to your Gentoo Land machine that you want to backup and execute

iperf -c IP.ADDR.OF.SERVER

Wait 10 seconds and hit ctrl-C

Oh, I read that but didn't get that one worked with the other. Ooops.  Thing is, I don't have the second command on my Gentoo install.  :/  It sort of grumbles about that.  May look into that later.  Got other things in the air right now.

Dale
$ eix iperf
[I] net-misc/iperf
     Available versions:
     (2)    2.0.14a **2.9999*l
     (3)    3.12
       {debug ipv6 sctp threads}
     Installed versions:  3.12(3)(10:20:30 AM 10/08/2022)(-sctp)
     Homepage:            https://github.com/esnet/iperf