On Fri, 2023-06-30 at 14:44 -0600, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> > Is theĀ  switch a reliable 1Gb switch? I've owned a couple of cheap
> > switches that said they were 1Gb but didn't always work.
>
> I'm using TRENDnet 24-Port Gigabit Switch

Is the cable known good?  I've had both poor quality manufactured
cables and also shoddily made DIY[1] cables fail to link at gigabit
speeds.

Consider the OSI layers: start with layer 1 and work up from there.  Or
down, depending on your orientation.  I don't judge.

1: I still make my own cables but I am much more reliable at it these
days.  Experience and mistakes are great teachers.