On Tuesday, 29 August 2023 17:08:46 BST Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> The containers don't add anything of value here (or in most places
> people use them).

I was wondering why I needed all that extra complication  :)

> You can look at the Dockerfile in the github repo to see what commands it
> uses to build the site. All you should have to do is mimic that: emerge
> jekyll, and run "jekyll build" in the repo.

Can you point me to that file (privately if you prefer)? I've had a look around
and it doesn't reveal itself.

> It builds a static site so you can open the resulting HTML right in
> your browser without setting up a whole ass web server.

That's the attraction of Jekyll. The snag is that I can't install a Jekyll
theme without giving myself wholesale privileges over the Gentoo installation
of Ruby.

--
Regards,
Peter.