Mark Knecht wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 5:05 AM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > If you need more info, let me know.  If you know the command, that might
> > help too.  Just in case it is a command I'm not familiar with.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > :-)  :-)
>
> You can use the iperf command to do simple raw speed testing.
>
> For instance, on your server open a terminal through ssh and run
>
> iperf -s
>
> It should tell you the server is listening.
>
> On your desktop machine run
>
> iperf -c 192.168.86.119
>
> (replace with the IP of your server)
>
> It runs for 5-10 seconds and then reports what it sees
> as throughput.
>
> Remember to Ctrl-C the server side when you're done.
>
> HTH,
> Mark

I had to install those.  On Gentoo it's called iperf3 but it works.
Anyway, this is what I get from running the command on the NAS box to my
main rig.

root@nas:~# iperf -c 10.0.0.4
tcp connect failed: Connection refused
Client connecting to 10.0.0.4, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: -1.00 Byte (default)
[  1] local 0.0.0.0 port 0 connected with 10.0.0.4 port 5001
root@nas:~#

This is when I try to run from my main rig to the NAS box.

root@fireball / # iperf3 -c 10.0.0.7
iperf3: error - unable to connect to server - server may have stopped
running or use a different port, firewall issue, etc.: Connection refused
root@fireball / #

I took what you said to mean to run from the NAS box.  I tried both just
in case I misunderstood your meaning by server.  ;-)

Ideas?

Dale

:-)  :-)

That pepper sauce is getting loud.  '_O