On Sat, 14 Oct 2023 06:02:21 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> On Tuesday, 20 June 2023 09:55:10 BST William Kenworthy wrote:
> > getmail can facilitate getting googlemail into postfix.  In my case,
> > it fetches an mail then invokes sendemail to forward into postfix.
> > The docs for the google side of the equation are quite good.
>
> Coming to this after a while, can you point me to the one that helps,
> please? I've had a look round but I haven't found anything helpful.
> Thanks.

I use this getmail config for GMail. It uses procmail to deliver to
Docecot, but it should work as a starting point for you.

[retriever]
type = SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever
server = imap.gmail.com
username = neil.bothw...@gmail.com
password = thisisnotmyrealpassword
mailboxes = ('Inbox',)

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/procmail

[options]
verbose = 0
read_all = false
delete = true

--
Neil Bothwick

Drink varnish and you'll have a lovely finish.