On Saturday, 14 October 2023 08:04:27 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:

> I use this getmail config for GMail. It uses procmail to deliver to
> Docecot, but it should work as a starting point for you.

---<8

Thanks for the help, Neil.

Until now I've been using fetchmail, but I can't find any help in using it, and
this entry in /etc/fetchmailrc fails with a permission error:

poll pop.gmail.com proto pop3, user "<me>.gmail.com",
    with password "<mypass>", is "prh" here, ssl, dropdelivered, fetchall,
    no keep;

I also tried  setting up a gmail IMAP source in KMail, and that worked so I
assume the permissions are right at their end. (I removed the account when
KMail kept resurrecting scores of mails I'd already deleted, even though
access on my mobile showed an absence of mails.)

Perhaps I should switch to getmail...

--
Regards,
Peter.