On 14/10/23 21:28, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Saturday, 14 October 2023 12:26:29 BST I wrote:

Perhaps I should switch to getmail...
On the other hand, I'd prefer to stick with fetchmail for my Zen POP3 account,
since it's working well. Then I could use getmail to fetch my gmail mail.
Would that be safe?

If it works I could move Zen mail to getmail later, at my leisure. (That's the
only sort of time I have these days... :( )

getmail works fine with gmail - just follow their instructions to configure.

getmail itself is a bit flakey - using it with hydroxide as a proton bridge it keeps going to sleep(need to restart getmail every hour), and on 3 accounts with my ISP I get random crashes with no indication why.  But with gmail and ventraip.mail its quite stable. On the plus side imap getmail IDLE works ... I had problems with fetchmail so moved to getmail.

BillK