On Tuesday, 26 March 2024 15:21:32 GMT Walter Dnes wrote:

> I'm AMD64 stable OpenRC.  I got tired of dicking around resizing
> partitions years ago, so I have all data and binaries in one honking
> big partition.  Also separate partitions for UEFI and swap.  I assume
> my system is already "merged-usr".  Current profile...

Perhaps, perhaps not. I fell for that one too. 'merged-usr' refers to moving
/bin, /sbin and maybe others under /usr and replacing their top-level
directories with symlinks to their new positions.

Once merged, never to be unmerged again, without lots of preparation and hoop-
jumping.

--
Regards,
Peter.