Il 15/05/24 16:23, Alan Mackenzie ha scritto:
As a somewhat tangential question, would it be worthwhile getting water
cooling in my new machine?  In particular, to reduce the noise it gives
off while building large packages such as clang and rust?  Or is water
cooling only sensible for really heavy users such as gamers?

For a Ryzen 9 5900X (105W TDP) here I use a Noctua CPU cooler NH-U12A PWM plus a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM on the case, a pretty expensive solution and probably an overkill since even while building for Gentoo @24 threads the noise is audible but a LOT less than the old FX-8350 (125W TDP) with the stock Wraith cooler. During normal work it's almost inaudibile. I don't play games.

raf