On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 at 08:56, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is one way to do it.  Thing is, if there are several updates before
> they can use 3.12, then you get to edit those each time.  As it is, I'll
> leave it there for a couple weeks.  If emerge complains in the meantime,
> I can remove a line or two.  After a couple weeks, or maybe three, I can
> remove that and see if emerge can update without it.

There is definitely a risk of me having to update the file each update
for a while :-)

I would possibly recommend my way anyway for those packages with the
"single_target" variant, probably a bigger chance of any update to
those packages being adding py3.12 support.

Then again, I'm probably happier than most to tinker with these files
to get them to my liking, I've never used autounmask in any way :-)

Regards,
Arve