Am 04.06.24 um 22:09 schrieb Eli Schwartz:
The purpose of the news item was to warn users that the event would
occur. Did it not achieve its purpose? Were you not-warned?

Do we at least agree that the news item was truthful?

Hi,

for me this was exactly what the news item did. It helped me to plan my updates.

Most updated have been so smooth in the last years that I think there are a lot of devs (or all of them) doing incredible good work. I remember an update to python being not that smooth, but this might be a decade ago. This time there has been a warning, instructions on how to deferring, forcing and running it safe. Since I had little time I opted for deferring first. Now I'm going to try the save way on one of my boxes. But this is just my way.

In the past years a lot of news items have been incredible helpful. The others have not been important for my situation. So I am very thankful for the news system.

Regards