Hello, Vitaliy.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 21:25:23 +0300, Vitaliy Perekhovy wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 03:53:35PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > I think portage is at fault here - it should retain the older standard
> > version of /etc/bash/bashrc so that users can resolve the differences
> > with a 3-way diff.

> Before replace your old bashrc file, portage place the old one
> here: /etc/config-archive/etc/bash/bashrc

Thanks, I didn't know that.  It was extremely helpful.

It turns out that Gentoo has reorganised the layout of /etc/bash/bashrc,
fragmenting it into bashrc itself and three files in /etc/bash/bashrc.d.
Knowing that I was able to sort things out without further problems.

It would have been nice to have known about this change before it
happened, but I suppose it's too minor a change to clog up the eselect
news system with.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).