Howdy,

On my new rig, I'm trying to set up the PS1 and alias variables.  I
found the bash page on the Gentoo wiki but it seems to detail doing it
for each user in their home directories.  Since I'm the only one using
this rig, I prefer to set it globally and have the commands behave the
same way no matter who I am, root or dale.  On my main rig still, I do
this in /etc/bash/bashrc.  It works just fine.  On the new rig tho, it
has a directory and things are broken up into different files for
different things.  Basically, the method has changed.  It likely works
better this way.  Each package can have its own file.  The wiki isn't
helping since these files appear to be like scripts.  I'm clueless on
scripts.  My one attempt to do it broke the whole thing.  I had to
emerge bash again with the config option to get the files back right.

Is there a example file that gives a clueless scripts person a head
start?  I'd like to have it set the PS1 for root and user and have a
alias section for several commands that applies to root and users.  If
there is a command to manage this sort of thing, I'm open to that too.
I just want to set the PS1 and alias without breaking bash, or anything
else.

Also, I think the CPU thermal paste stuff has settled in a bit on the
new rig.  The temps have came down a little bit.  Also, I found out that
CPUTIN is a sensor that is likely placed similar to my older FX series
CPU is.  The new rig does run cooler if that is true.  It should.  CPU
cooler is plenty large enough.

Thanks for any help on the PS1 and bash settings.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  Still trying to get around to pics and stuff.  Fixed well pump,
broke again.  Fixed it again.  Working so far.  My back, not so much.  :/