I'm having a similar problem with ivman, and i've discovered that the reason is that the camera has an id label that has a "space", ie: LEXAR MEDIA. That's not right for pmount, and when ivman tries to mount it, fails. But it works for other usb devices. Does it work for you? Also, i had to upgrade to a CVS version of hal in order to get everything to work again with 2.6.14 (you can find one ebuild in fluidportage).

Hope it helps!

Alexander Skwar wrote:
Norberto Bensa schrieb:

Alexander Skwar wrote:

Norberto Bensa schrieb:

Alexander Skwar wrote:

dbus-0.50-r1

downgrade to 0.36.2

ivman-0.6.5

downgrade to 0.6.4

Done. Still no automount.

Have you restarted dbus?

Yes :(

How's that automounting supposed to work? When does pmount
kick in? How do I make dbus/hald/whatever start pmount (or
whatever...) to do the actual mount?

Alexander Skwar
--
Blog: http://tanis.sl-form.com