Hi all,

I've become so enamoured with Gentoo that I've decided to install on my
laptop.  However, I'm having a bit of a problem.

I'm at the point where I can boot the system and I've been trying to
install xorg-x11.  However, the laptop keeps powering off on me.

This wasn't a problem until I build the kernel where I built acpi
support into it.  However, I *didn't* read the ACPI Guide and obviously,
should have.  That's no big problem, I'll just recompile the kernel and
follow what the Guide says.

My issue is this:  The computer powered off in the middle of the install
of xorg-x11.  This has happened a couple of times.  I haven't been
having problems with the laptop, so I'm pretty sure the issue has
something to do with power management since I built power management
into the kernel, but didn't emerge acpid.  Anyway, since the emerge of
xorg-x11 has bombed a couple of times, is there anything that I should
do in the way of clean up before trying to emerge it again?

Regards,

Colleen