On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:11:30 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > Most of the reported problems with
> > testing packages seem to be from people running mixed
> > stable/testing systems.
>
> Just a hunch, or do you keep numbers?

An impression, much more than a hunch,m but no hard numbers to back it
up, hence my use of the word "seem".

> > If everyone ran stable, how stable would it be with no testing?
>
> If everyone ran either full stable or full testing, how are problems
> that occur when one the testing packages makes it to stable going
> to be detected?  By the ones running stable.  :(  So, mixed systems
> are just as needed as ones at full testing, if not more so.

A mixed system is not stable. I doubt many people run all stable save for
one package, not that there's anything wrong with that. But when you
have a lot of packages in package.keywords, you're best of switching to a
full testing system, IMO.

--
Neil Bothwick

Happiness is merely the remission of pain.