Raj Swaminathan schreef:
> Hi,
>
> thanks Iain, Winston and Willie for all your help. I was looking
> specifically for the coreutils package and did not know where to find it.
>
> Iain, i run gentoo so i do have the patched versions of what i need, thanks.
>

> But from you've said Im just curious to know if patched versions of the
> coreutils package will be available for download directly form the mirrors
> of distros like debian, slackware, ubuntu, suse   Fedora's mirror had
> coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.x86_64.rpm<http://fedora.mirrors.tds.net/pub/fedora-core/updates/4/x86_64/coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.x86_64.rpm>but
> im not sure if thats patched.

What you might prefer to do is rather than looking in the directory that
you are looking in, go one step up and try the

SRPMS

directory instead.... there, you will find

http://fedora.mirrors.tds.net/pub/fedora-core/updates/4/SRPMS/coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.src.rpm

which contains the source code (and most likely the patches as well).

HTH,
Holly