I just bought a 512M stick of Crucial ram to complement another 512M
stick...suddenly I'm getting tons of crashes, reboots, failed
compiles, etc.  I removed the new stick, and all is well, now I'm
trying just the new stick alone, see if perhaps it was the both
together...

Something odd I've noticed, however:  the new stick takes longer
during the BIOS memory check...i.e. the old stick (infineon, I
believe) the numbers go by essentially instantaneously.  The new
stick, however, I watch them tick past for a good second (unless I hit
ESC, of course)  This is true if the two sticks are in together, or if
only the new stick is in.  Is this indicative of something?  I'm
already pretty convinced that it's a bad stick, but I wondered if
anyone could shed further light for me.

--
Ryan W Sims

()  ascii ribbon