Hi,

I was following the thread "problem with firefox + netscape-flash"
because flash doesn't work for me either, but the OP's solution was to
remove the debug use flag from firefox, which I don't have anyway.

So, I unmerged netscape-flash, deleted any macromedia directories or
stale flash plugins lying around, and reinstalled netscape-flash.

When I go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I get the
firefox message "Additional plugins are required to display all the
media on this page."

Then I click on the "Install Missing Plugins..." and after a status bar
it says:

No suitable plugins were found.
Unknown Plugin [Manual Install]

The "Manual Install" button takes me to "Shockwave Player Download
Center" which says "We are unable to locate a Web player that matches
your platform and browser."

Now what?  netscape-flash is the right ebuild for firefox isn't it?

Any help appreciated,
thanks,

He is no lawyer who cannot take two sides.