On Wednesday 18 January 2006 08:20, Richard Fish wrote:

> A "grep -i smtp" of the ethereal trace you sent me shows that you are
> connecting to mail.exceedtech.net (65.116.46.23) from 4.253.131.84
> (dialup-4.253.131.84.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net).  This doesn't look
> right...if exceedtech.net is your ISP you should be getting an address
> within their address space 65.116.(?).  Anyway this is why they think
> you are relaying...you are not connecting from their network, and not
> sending email to an exceedtech.net address.
>
> Maybe you have something wrong in your dialup settings?  Or maybe you
> can compare with what mail server KMail really contacts with an
> ethereal trace?
>
> -Richard

I noticed the address looked "funny" too.  They change it all the time though.
You should have seen it when the hurricane hit and knocked out New Orleans.
O_O

I'm sending you a new ethreal that I used to send email with Kmail to the same
address as the last one.  Maybe you can notice something there.

Thanks much for the help.  If nothing else, maybe you can tell me what to tell
them to fix.  I think they are listening more after the mess today.  My ISP
is not huge but they are not tiny either.

Dale
:-)