On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:05:12 -0600, Dale wrote:

> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild   R   ] www-client/mozilla-1.7.12-r2  +crypt -debug +gnome
> +ipv6 +java +ldap -mozcalendar -mozdevelop -moznocompose -moznoirc
> -moznomail -moznoxft -mozsvg -postgres +ssl +truetype -xinerama +xprint
> 0 kB

> I'm not sure what that ipv6 is for.  I put -ipv6 in the USE line of
> make.conf and it is still there.  How do I disable that thing?   I ask
> because I noticed this with Kmail:

Do you have ipv6 in /etc/portage/package.use? does it show up in
emerge --info?

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv kmail
>
> These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!
> [ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kmail-3.5.0-r3  +arts -debug -kdeenablefinal
> -kdexdeltas -xinerama 0 kB
>
> Total size of downloads: 0 kB
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #
>
> NO ipv6 there.

KMail is just the mail program, KDE's networking functions are
centralised in libraries shared between all the programs.

--
Neil Bothwick

Keyboard: (n.) a device used by programmers to write software for a mouse
or joystick and by operators for playing games such as 'word processing.'