On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 01:02 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > here too it keeps failing at different places all the time.
>
> This is a bug in busybox 1.00, it's fixed in busybox-1.1.0.
>
> On my primary partition I've emerged the newer version, copied it to
> the other partition, and did the 'ebuild install' again: it worked
> flawlessly.  ...  This won't help you now, however, so use the
> binary package posted by others.  Sorry for wasting your time.

It is far from a waste of time!  Now myself (and how many others?) know
how to use busybox to restore a broken coreutils (ok, I'll admit thats a
fairly obscure use, but the principle can be used elsewhere).

I feel like trying it out just to see if it works...
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

A company is known by the men it keeps.