On Friday 10 February 2006 20:20, Shawn Haggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] Weird USE flag behaviour':
> I recently installed the unstable version of portage.
>
> However a recent 'emerge -Duva world --newuse' turned up a long list of
> packages. Closer inspection showed that packages had been built with
> flags such as mysql, but thought it was now turned off and wanted to
> rebuild without it.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Is it something to do with
> modifications to how the new portage version handles use flags that
> hasn't been incorporated into ufed or profuse yet?

This is a well-documented change in portage.  The use.defaults file is no
longer used.  Previously, this file would turn on use flags that were
neither enabled nor disabled based on packages you had installed.  This
was a bad idea to begin with, IMHO; RIP use.defaults.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]