John Blinka wrote:

Hi, all,

I have a strange-to-me cups printing problem on one of my gentoo machines.
When I point firefox at http://localhost:631, I don't see the
familiar cups admin web page, but just the raw html, i.e.,
<SNIP>
Does anyone know what's wrong?  None of my other machines does this.

Thanks for your help.

John Blinka

Hi John,

Just a quick thought - a thought quite possibly well and truly off track - could it be related to mime-types? Perhaps the CUPS web server has a problem recognising the HTML mime-type and thus is not sending them in the appropriate format (and with appropriate HTTP headers)?

Hope that helps,

   Dave.