On Sunday 26 February 2006 09:40, a tiny voice compelled John Blinka to write:
> Ernie Schroder wrote:
> >The only thing I can figure is that cups was compiled with some odd USE
> > flag. Do you have an entry for cups in /etc/portage/package.use?
>
> No, don't even have that file.  My USE flags in /etc/make.conf
> are:
>
> USE="-pdflib -get -gnome qt kde dvd alsa oss cdr fortran cups foomaticdb
> ppds gimpprint java samba win32codecs xprint"
>
> John
Compare USE flage in make.conf on working vs. non-working machines.

check use flags when you merged cups....

 # equery uses cups
[ Searching for packages matching cups... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend        : Left column  (U) - USE flags from
make.conf                   ]
[                  : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed
with ]
[ Found these USE variables for net-print/cups-1.1.23-r7 ]
 U I
 - - cjk    : Adds support for Multi-byte character languages (Chinese,
Japanese, Korean)
 - - gnutls : Adds support for net-libs/gnutls
 + + nls    : Adds Native Language Support (using gettext - GNU locale
utilities)
 + + pam    : Adds support PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) - DANGEROUS
to arbitrarily flip
 + + samba  : Adds support for SAMBA (Windows File and Printer sharing)
 - - slp    : Adds Service Locator Protocol support to CUPS
 + + ssl    : Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections
--
Regards, Ernie